Teri advises in-house counsel and human resources and benefits personnel on qualified and nonqualified retirement plans as well as executive compensation.
She provides practical guidance to clients on how best to comply with the complex legal issues and challenges that fall within the framework of employee benefits laws, such as:
- Helping with acquisitions and consolidating acquired groups and plans into client programs.
- Updating retirement programs to reflect modern approaches and cost considerations.
- Negotiating with the IRS for plan corrections to maintain the qualified status.
- Assisting with corrections to avoid penalties under Internal Revenue Code Section 409A.
- Reviewing policies and procedures for compliance and practicality.
- Advising plan committees on all aspects of compliance and procedure.
For nearly 15 years, Teri has proactively helped clients solve and prevent problems before they occur.
Teri is a member of the State Bar of Georgia.
Please click here for a PDF version of this attorney profile.