Kelly provides practical guidance to benefits and human resources personnel and in-house counsel on the technical aspects of health and welfare plans. This includes:
- Assisting employers with all areas of Health Care Reform compliance.
- Designing, drafting, and assisting in implementation of all types of ERISA health and welfare benefit plans and Internal Revenue Code Section 125 cafeteria plans.
- Conducting compliance reviews of health and welfare documentation, consolidating Form 5500 filing processes (where applicable), combining or establishing separate programs for active and retiree groups to serve the best interest of the client.
- Assisting with health and welfare plan aspects of business acquisitions and reorganizations.
- Evaluating the ERISA and tax compliance issues related to complex pre-funding arrangements and VEBAs.
- Advising employers on day-to-day administrative questions such as COBRA administration, change in status events, special enrollment rights, the Wellstone Act, GINA, and FMLA, ADA, and ADEA related benefit issues.
Kelly ensures clients are kept abreast of the changes of employee benefits law. She guides clients through the complicated issues that dominate the news cycle; for example, Health Care Reform, HIPAA and DOMA.
Kelly is a member of the Florida Bar and the State Bar of Georgia.
Please click here for a PDF version of this attorney profile.